Monday, January 2, 2012

Never miss a chance to tell a good tall tale


Joyce and I started bustin' broncs down at Knot's place when we was knee high to a grasshopper.  Camera's never lie, but they don't always tell the whole truth either.


When I was cowboy'n up in old Wyomin' I met Joyce who was the best-lookin' school marm in Jackson Hole.


When you've been on the range for six months, you gotta get priorities straight: likker first, then a bath.  And cowboy wisdom suggests never rush a likker'd up cowpoke even if he's in the only bathtub in town.

Finally here's a line of bull…


About when I was a bullrider in the big rodeo over in Cody.


Of course being such fine bronc riders as we was -- our kids just naturally took to the proposition too.

Charlie Russell was the best spinner of tall tales, but I gotta admit ol' Steven Spielberg ain't far behind :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment